On the podcast, a few of the guys have mentioned scary characters not found in horror movies. I wanted to add my two cents. Here is a list I put together with a few of my coworkers, of characters that scared us when we were kids, and a few that creep us out today......
10) Large Marge from 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure'--- "Tell them Large Marge Sent you!" -- The famous words of the demonic truck driver still send a shiver down my spine, well over a decade later.
9) Orcs from 'The Lord of The Rings' Trilogy--- Sure it looks easy to take them on, when you have Legolas, who can take out twenty with one arrow, but all it would take is a single orc to show up in a mall or a crowded movie theater and everyone would be running and screaming.
8) Beast Man from 'The Masters of The Universe' --- Yes, Beast Man was an oaf in the He-Man Cartoon, but in the dark and violent, live action M.O.T.U. he was ferocious.
7) The Dead Body in 'Stand By Me'--- You can say this is a given, since it is based on a story by Stephen King,but were you expecting this buddy movie to get so creepy, when you first saw it?
6) The exploding mask Arnold wears in 'Total Recall'--- there are alot of creepy mutants in this Paul Verhoeven film, but when Arnold first gets to Mars and his disguise started shorting out, it is the fake female face, and the weird voice got me.
5)The Dragon from 'Dragonslayer'- The CGI Dragons from 2002's 'Reign of Fire' got nothing on the one from this 1984 film.
4) When Mola Ram rips the guys heart out in 'Temple of Doom'--- I would like to see something like this happen in a PG or PG13 movie nowadays. He rips the guys heart out, and it bursts into flames. 80's movies were much more hardcore.
3) The Librarian Ghost from 'Ghostbusters' ---- When I re-watched 'Ghostbusters' a few years ago, I could quote all the lines from every scene, except the very first one. This is because, when I was a kid, this morphing ghost made it impossible for me to watch the first five minutes.
2)Anton Chigurh from 'No Country for Old Men'--- This contract killer was so relentless and cold, he inspired a nightmare of mine, where he chased me from State to State.
1) The Flying Monkeys from 'The Wizard of Oz' --- I never dated a girl who was able to watch 'The Wizard of Oz' all the way through. Once you get past the Wicked Witch, these little bastards came in to creep you out.
Please feel free to throw in a few of your own.