Have you ever wanted to be the final girl/guy in your very own torture porn movie? Yeah, me neither but for those people who are sick of the typical ghosts and ghouls type of haunted house, the Blackout Haunted House in New York City may be for you. In the house you'll be handcuffed, bags will be placed over your head, you will be handled by the actors and you'll even be subject to water torture. And you'll have to go through it alone! Before going in, you must sign a waiver explaining the rules of the haunted house:
1. YOU MUST WALK THROUGH ALONE.
2. You must be over 18.
3. Stay on the marked path at all times.
4. You will be prompted to do certain actions. Please do exactly as you’re told. This is for your safety.
5. There is absolutely no speaking allowed inside. You can, however, scream as loud as you’d like.
6. Do not ever touch the actors.
7. Do not ever touch the walls.
8. You must wear a protective mask and carry a flashlight at all times. (We will provide both of these items for you. Please do not bring your own.)
Please be aware, you will encounter:
FOG – STROBE LIGHTS – COMPLETE DARKNESS CRAWLING – STAIRS – LOUD NOISES – WATER - PHYSICAL CONTACT – SEXUAL and VIOLENT SITUATIONS
But don't worry, just like in some twisted S&M fantasy, there's a safe word for the folks who can't handle it. Call out "safety" and you will be removed from the house. And here's a heartwarming quote from a review below:
Now because I know I'd never be able to handle something like this, I need to know if anyone in the NYC area has experienced it. It sounds so awful but yet so intriguing at the same time. Visit the Blackout Haunted House Official Site for more details.