Here at Bloody Good Horror we spend much of our time talking about good movies and bad movies alike, and picking apart the things that place titles in either category. In horror specifically, there is a beautiful gradient, comprised of everything from "so bad it's good" to "just plain bad." For many movies in this grey area, the viewing experience itself - who you watch it with and how - can be as important as the movie itself. In that tradition, every first Thursday of the month we'll fondly recall one of those kinds of movies that seem made for the loud and alcohol-fueled viewing party, and give you the framework to host a screening of your very own, complete with imbibing instructions!
Note: BGH reminds you to respect the minimum age requirement for drinking in whatever god forsaken hellhole you live in.
For horror fans, October is like Christmas. The whole month gives us carte blanche to watch as many horror movies as we want, indulge in creepy conversations, and to cover our domiciles in all manner of dark decorations. So what is a horror fan to do at Christmas time? Watch Gremlins of course! For this month's Thirsty Thursday, we're covering Gremlins 1 and 2, and since I have yet to see either, I enlisted the help of the other BGH writers for help in creating the rules!
Want to pay along with the crew? This Sunday, December 4th at 8PM EST we'll be live-tweeting a double-header of Gremlins 1 and 2 with the hashtag #tweetwithbgh
- Take a sip whenever a new Mogwai/Gremlin rule is introduced or explained and whenever an established rule is broken.
- Drink whenever anyone says "Gizmo."
- Drink whenever Billy is a terrible pet owner.
- Chug for Santa!
- Drown your sorrows while Pheobe Cates delivers a monologue about how much she hates Christmas.
- Drink whenever we are introduced to a new Mogwai or Gremlin.
- Casey's Rule: Drink when adorable Gizmo dances with scientists - it's so gosh darn cute!