Lists abound lately! And I feel... left out. I didn't see a chunk of new releases in '08. The horror options just didn't interest me. At 12 bucks a pop, I can't go willy-nilly into just any flick at the local cinema. Plus, I'm a super snob that isn't into watching subpar American dreg with urban teens. I mean... never mind.
So here is my somewhat comprehensive list of the best films I viewed (for the first time) in '08.
10. Female Trouble - Best John Waters flick EVER!
9. Cloverfield - I was not disappointed after the huge build up. That in itself is impressive.
8. Old Boy - It's as good as everyone said.
7. Street Trash - I wonder why no one ever told me how good this film was. Competently made and totally offensive, what a combo!
6. Iron Man - Number six with a bullet... and I saw "The Dark Knight"...twice.
5. I Spit on Your Grave - Second best rape/revenge flick I saw all year.
4. No Country for Old Men - I liked the end.
3. Let the Right One In - It lived up to it's hype.
2. Thriller: A Cruel Picture - What can I say? It was a big year for revenge flicks. It's my new favorite sub genre!
1. The Wicker Man - Now I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that Nick Cage abomination.
And an honorable mention goes to Truck Turner. In my opinion, Isaac Hayes at his best. R.I.P...